10 things about us...
We are a brand new editorial team thrown together by fate to bring you the all new easyliving.co.uk. But spookily enough we have no less than 10 things in common. What better way to get to know us?
- We all discovered Bloody Marys in 2011 and never looked back. Natasha likes it ¾ Tabasco™, Tory likes a good sprinkling of celery salt on the glass and Alaina likes crispy bacon or beef jerky in hers (may we point out she's alone on the meat front).
- We all studied journalism at the University of Westminster (although years apart). Spooky...
- None of us have ever been to New York. What's going on here? This is rubbish.
- We are all currently decorating our homes. Even if they don't need decorating. It's just something we do.
- Our kitchens are overrun with cookery books, which we read often but seldom cook from.
- We start planning what we're having for lunch during breakfast, what to cook for supper straight after lunch, and we go to bed fantasising about breakfast.
- We'll have our eggs poached (be gone vile fried!) and our steaks super-rare.
- We all fancy Don Draper. Yes, we know he's not real.
- None of us can sing. Never test us on this fact. You'll regret it.
- We all secretly listen to French radio.
Who we are...
Natasha lives in Hackney so is automatically the queen of all things cool (she wishes) and when not writing about beautiful interiors, food, fashion and make-up she's living the dream with her two small daughters. The way to her heart is fluffy cushions and HOT food due to a mild addiction to chilli peppers and the urge to scatter. Her dream for the new easyliving.co.uk is for it to be a place where you can find inspiration to decorate your home, decide what's for dinner all the while looking utterly fabulous having followed EL's advice on what to wear. Phew!
Alaina lives a five-minute walk (10 in high heels) from her favourite ever London street, Lamb's Conduit Street, with her musician husband and growing family of Moomin kitchen accessories. Being half-Finnish and raised in the US, Alaina is predictably obsessed with Nordic design and cake in any form (not to mention the music of Prince). Her dream for the new easyliving.co.uk is to provide an endless array of effortless ideas to make you, your home and your meals absolutely beautiful.
Tory lost her heart to Paris when she was 12 but for the moment is living happily in Maida Vale. She buys far too many books she doesn't have time to read and clothes she'll never wear, but is content in this because they make her home and wardrobe look beautiful. She believes a good breakfast gives you a whole new outlook on life and that the majority of life's problems can be solved with a new nail varnish. Her dream for the new easyliving.co.uk is to offer you the very best interiors, fashion and beauty finds, recipes you'll rush home to cook and features to inspire you.
For general enquiries and competitions please contact our Junior Editor Tory Kingdon: email@example.com