- 2kg (4lb) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 375-500g (12oz-1lb) fructose or 560-750g (1lb 2oz - 1lb 8oz) caster sugar
- Juice 1 lemon
- 13-26g (½ -¾oz) powdered pectin
- Place the fruit in a large bowl or saucepan. Sprinkle over the fructose - use 375g (12oz) if ripe or 400g-500g (13oz-1lb) if tart.
- Add the lemon juice and pectin (use it all if you like firm-set and less for loose-set). Stir with a large metal spoon until the strawberries macerate and ooze juice - be patient as this may take a few minutes.
- Decant into small freezer-proof containers and then freeze. When you want to use the jam take it out of the freezer and leave it in the fridge to defrost slowly overnight.