- 10 amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grand Marnier, brandy or sherry
- 200g blackberries
- 2 x 500ml tubs ready-made vanilla custard
- Extra grand marnier
- 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- Toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Spoon the crushed biscuits mixture into the base of a glass trifle bowl. Drizzle a little Grand Marnier over the biscuits. Top with the blackberries and then pour over the custard. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, whisk the grand mariner and caster sugar into the double cream until it forms soft peaks and spoon on top of the custard. Top with a sprinkling of the almonds.
The trifle can be made up to 6 hours ahead of serving. Don't whip the cream until just before serving.