- 220g (7oz) caster sugar
- 1 lemon grass tea bag
- 1tsp fresh ginger,chopped
- Pulp of 4 passion fruits
- 2 ripe papayas
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Put the sugar, tea bag, ginger and 500ml (16floz) of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat, strain through a sieve into a heatproof bowl and add the passion fruit. Cool, then chill.
- Slice the papaya and divide it between 4 bowls. Spoon over the syrup mixture.
- Serve with a wedge of lime and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you cannot find lemon grass tea bags, look for other complementary flavoured tea bags or use a crushed stem of fresh lemon grasss as a substitute.