- 100g (3½oz) shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
- 150g (5oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 50g (1¾oz) plain flour, sifted
- 2tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 100g (3½oz) unsalted butter
- 100g (3½oz) white
- chocolate, chopped
- 5 egg whites
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6). Grease 8 baby loaf tins or 8 baby brioche tins, or 6 muffin tins, with butter.
- Place the pistachio nuts and half the icing sugar in a food processor and process until the nuts and finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining sugar, the sifted flour and the lemon zest.
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins, filling each to three-quarters full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch, golden and risen.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Hazelnuts, almonds or pecans can be substituted for the pistachios. It's important to grease the tins with plenty of butter.