- 450g (14oz) raspberries
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- Juice half lemon
- 375ml (12fl oz) single or whipping cream
- 200g (6½oz) white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Purée the raspberries with the sugar and lemon juice in a blender. Push the mixture through a sieve into a bowl and mix in the cream. Taste and add a little extra sugar or lemon juice if necessary - remember the ice cream will taste less sweet when frozen.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice-cream machine, if you have one. Alternatively, pour the mixture into a shallow, lidded, plastic container and freeze for about 2 hours, or until it is frozen around the edges and firming up in the middle.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Return to the freezer and, once frozen, repeat step 2.
- Scoop the ice cream into balls with an ice cream scoop. Place the balls on a tray lined with baking paper, cover with clingfilm and freeze until firm.
- To serve, place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of vey hot water until melted. Remove the frozen balls from the freezer and either dip them into the melted chocolate or spoon the chocolate over the balls. Serve immediately.
If serving this at a dinner party and you want to prepare ahead, return the balls to the freezer once they've been dipped in the chocolate.