This tray bake fish dish couldn't be simpler. Full of flavour; a herby, zesty crumble topping and colouful seasonal vegetables ensure it looks rather fantastic too. Choose a baking dish with style so you can take it straight from oven to table.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp mix of parsley, basil and thyme leaves, chopped
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium courgettes, sliced into thin lengths
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 firm, skinless white fish fillets (try Icelandic cod, hake or red snapper)
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- 1/2tsp crushed dried chilli
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the over to 200˚C (gas mark 6). Crush 1 garlic clove into a small bowl and mix in the herbs and 2tbsp olive oil. Palce the courgettes and tomatoes in a roasting tin, pour over the herb-flavoured oil and top with the fish fillets. Chop 1 lemon into quarters and place between the fillets. Season well.
- To make a crumble topping, heat 2tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Finely chop 1 clove garlic and add to the pan with the chilli. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon, breadcrumbs and parsley. Fry, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden and starting to crisp. Sprinkle over the fish.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
Make your own breadcrumbs by whizzing day-old crustless slices of bread in a food processor until fine. You can assemble everything in the roasting tin up to 4 hours before cooking.