4 salmon fillets
1 lemon, thinly sliced
FOR THE SALSA VERDE
4tbsp flat-leaf parsley
1tbsp mint leaves
2tbsp basil leaves
2tbsp capers, drained
2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
1 clove garlic
1tbsp Dijon mustard
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
80ml (23/4fl oz) of extra virgin olive oil
- To make the salsa verde, roughly chop the parsley, mint, basil, capers, anchovy fillets and garlic on a chopping board or whizz briefly in a food processor.
- Scoop into a bowl and whisk in the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil, adding enough oil to make a paste-like consistency. Season well with sea salt.
- Heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Lay a salmon fillet, skin-side down, on a sheet of lightly greased foil. Top it with a slice of lemon, then season it well with salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Wrap the salmon in the foil, making an air-tight seal. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Place the wrapped fillets on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Open each parcel and lift off the skin from the fillet, if desired.
- Serve the salmon with the salsa verde, steamed potatoes and a mixed green salad
For extra flavour, add some chopped herbs to the parcels before cooking the salmon.