- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1cm (½in) piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- ½tsp ground chilli
- 1tsp garam masala
- 500ml (16fl oz) vegetable stock
- 400g (13oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1cm (½in) dice
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3tbsp Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil in a lidded saucepan until soft. Add the ginger and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins.
- Add the stock, tomato and butternut squash, and simmer uncovered for 15 mins.
- Add the cauliflower, cover and simmer for 10 mins, or until tender. To serve, stir in the yoghurt and fresh coriander. Serve hot with naan bread and extra yogurt, if desired.
You can use 1½ tsp medium-hot curry powder in place of the dried spices.