- 250g (8oz) packet wide Thai noodles
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp tamarind paste
- 2tbsp peanut oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (skin on)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 small red chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 45g (1 1/2oz) roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 4tbsp coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cover the noodles with boiling water and stand until tender. Drain and set aside. Mix the lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, tamarind and 1tbsp of water in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place a wok over a high heat and add half the oil. Place the chicken thighs in the wok, skin-side down, then cook for 3-4 mins on each side or until cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper, thinly slice, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the garlic, spring onions and chillies and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the chicken, noodles and lime juice mixture. Toss to combine. Slowly pour over the eggs. Stir-fry over a high heat for 1 min. Add the bean sprouts, toss well, and sprinkle with the peanuts and coriander.
Always cook over a high heat and stir constantly.
Larger supermarkets and Asian food stores are your best bet for finding any specialty ingredients.