- 8 large chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tbsp baharat
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- 200g (6½oz) plain yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut each thigh into 3 strips and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the garlic and the baharat. Mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge or at least 1 hour (up to 6).
- Using 2 metal skewers about 5cm (2in) apart, thread half the meat onto the skewers. Repeat with an extra 2 skewer and the remaining meat. Make sure the meat is packed quite tightly.
- Heat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7). Roast until golden and cooked (about 20-25 minutes). Rest for 5 minutes and sprinkle with coriander and serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges and the cooking juice.
Baharat is the Arabic word for spice - it's a combination of cumin, paprika, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.