- 3 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 lemons
- 200g (6½oz) good quality pitted green olives, quartered
- 100g (3½oz) capers, rinsed and blotted dry with kitchen paper
- 4tbsp roughly chopped
- flat-leaf parsley
- 80ml (2¾oz) extra virgin olive oil
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes. Cut each chicken breast into 8 cubes. Place 3 pieces of chicken in a row and weave a slice of bacon between them. Push a skewer through the chicken and bacon to secure them. Separate the chicken pieces a little on the skewer so there is a small space between each of them. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken, until all 8 skewers are full.
- Lay the skewers in a ceramic or glass dish. Combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice and thyme and brush the chicken with the marinade. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours, if desired.
- To make the salsa, remove strips of zest from the 2 lemons with a lemon zester then juice them. Combine the zest, olives, capers, lemon juice and oil and mix well. Season to taste.
- To cook, season each chicken skewer with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a griddle pan or large heavy frying pan over a high heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning occasionally and brushing with any remaining marinade.
- Serve the chicken and bacon skewers accompanied by the salsa.