An easy recipe for when you want a quick, healthy supper. The
key is in the preparation: have all the ingredients chopped up and
ready to go to ensure a flash in the pan for still succulent
chicken and mange tout with the perfect crunch.
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 2tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 150g (5oz) mange tout
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 80ml (2¾fl oz) chicken stock or water
- 2tsp soy sauce
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper, then toss in the
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. When the oil is hot,
add the chicken and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until the
chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add a little extra oil to the pan or wok, then add the garlic,
ginger, mange tout, chilli and spring onions and stir fry for a
further 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, then add the stock and soy sauce
and cook until bubbling and slightly reduced.