- 200g (6½oz) tagliatelle or thick flat pasta
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 130g (4½oz) cubetti di pancetta or chopped bacon
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1x142ml (4½fl oz) pot single cream
- 3tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Parmesan, freshly grated, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, according to the instructions on the packet, until it is al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the pancetta for 1 minute. Add the chicken and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and slightly coloured. Stir in the lemon zest and then pour in the cream. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the saucepan and pour the chicken and sauce over it. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with plenty of freshly grated parmesan.
Any type of dried pasta is good with this recipe - use whatever you have at hand.