- 150ml (5fl oz) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3tbsp tikka masala paste
- 700g (1½lb) chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 2 baby gem lettuce, quartered into wedges
- 1tbsp parsley, torn into pieces
- 100g (3½oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Chapatis or naan, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Mix the yoghurt with the curry paste in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces, tossing to coat. Chill for several hours (or overnight). Divide the chicken pieces between eight metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden ones, soak them in water first so they don't burn on the grill).
- Make the salad before you start to cook the kebabs. Combine the wedges of lettuce, parsley and tomatoes. Mix the oil and lemon juice and pour over the salad. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue. Grill or barbecue the kebabs for 8-10 minutes, turning them often. Warm the bread under the grill. Serve 2 skewers per person, with bread and salad. Accompany with lemon wedges.
Serve with naan or chapatti bread rather than rice.