- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red curry powder
- 30g (10 oz) large raw prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2cm (3/4in) piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2tsp chopped garlic
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 spring onions, cut into 5cm (2in) lengths
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Combine the fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, cinnamon, cumin and curry powder in a mixing bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat in the marinade, then cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and shallots and fry for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the prawns and cook for 1 minute on each side. Add the spring onion and 2tbsp of water and toss for a further minute. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with the chilli and serve with steamed jasmine rice.