- 5 small courgettes trimmed
- 2tbsp fresh pesto
- 1-2tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack ready-rolled fresh puff pastry
- 100g (31/2oz) feta, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Slice 4 of the courgettes into rounds about the thickness of a pound coin and place in a bowl. Add the pesto and 1tbsp olive oil and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Divide the pastry into four rectangles of about 12x18cm and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to score a border of about 1cm around the inside edge of each pastry square, but don't cut right through the pastry. Top each pastry square with the courgette rings (keeping the slices inside the border). Bake in the oven for about 15 mins.
- While the tarts are cooking, make the garnish by slicing thin lengthways strips of the remaining courgette with a vegetable peeler. Brush these strips with a little oil.
- After cooking for 15 mins, remove and sprinkle each tart with crumbled feta. Top with a few courgette ribbons and return to the oven for another 5 mins, or until the pastry is golden and edges have risen. Serve hot, with a green salad.
Your oven needs to be nicely heated before adding the tarts, as the heat gives the pastry the push it needs to rise.