- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 shallot or small onion, sliced
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 2tsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 small frozen lobsters (uncooked), halved
- Handful green beans
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the shallot (or onion) and ginger and cook for 2 mins, then add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for an extra minute. Add the coconut milk and fish sauce, and cook for about 5 minutes. Season to taste. This sauce can be made ahead of time.
- When ready to serve bring the sauce back to a simmer in a large frying pan, then add the lobster and green beans and simmer for about 5-7 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Squeeze over a little fresh lime juice and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve garnished with coriander and lime wedges. Serve with rice.
Most frozen lobster is cut lengthways through the shell before freezing, making it easy to serve and cook.