- 2 duck breasts
- 20g (¾oz) butter
- 2 spring onions (white part only), sliced
- 300g (10oz) shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3-4tbsp single cream
- 1tbsp chopped mint
- Pea shoots, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Season the duck with sea salt and place skin-side down in a heavy frying pan with an ovenproof handle. Cook until golden and crisp.
- Turn skin-side up. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 15 mins for medium, or until done to your liking. Heat the butter in a small pan until it starts to foam. Add the spring onions and peas. Cook over a gentle heat stirring, for 3-4 mins.
- Add the cream and cook until the peas are tender. Puree the peas in a blender or food processor, adding more cream if needed - the rough puree should drop off a spoon easily.
- Stir in the mint. Slice the duck and serve with the peas, scattered with pea shoots.
Allow time for the duck to rest before serving. The peas can be made in advance; when reheating them add a little cream or butter.