- 2 X 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Put the chopped tomatoes in a large saucepan.
- Peel the garlic clove and add the whole clove and the thyme to the tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and thyme and purée the mixture in a blender or with a hand held blender until smooth. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Delicious served over meatballs or pasta. Great for using in a simple lasagne. Serve with grilled steak, sausages, hamburgers and chicken. Cook the tomatoes for an extra 10 minutes and use as a pizza topping.