- 1 ready-made pizza base
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 125g (4oz) mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 100g (3½oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 slices of chorizo or pepperorni
- Handful of rocket leaves, or mixed leaf salad
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7) and put in a large baking sheet to heat up.
- Brush the pizza base with a little olive oil and sprinkle the chopped garlic on top. Add slices of mozzarella, leaving a 2cm (¾in) border at the edge. Top with the cherry tomatoes and the slices of chorizo. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the pizza on it. Bake for 7-10 minutes - the dough should be crisp and golden across the edges, and the cheese melted and slightly coloured.
- Meanwhile, put the rocket leaves in a bowl and dress with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. When the pizza is cooked, transfer to a big plate and top with the dressed leaves.
You can spread the base with a tomato pizza sauce, if desired. For an easy alternative to a ready-made pizza base, try a soft-flour tortilla.