- 1tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of dried, crushed chilli
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g (1lb) gnocchi
- 100g (3½oz) semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 150g (5oz) good-quality black olives, pitted
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 50g (1¾oz) parmesan. freshly grated (omit if vegetarian)
- Extra virgin olive oil. for drizzling
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chilli and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the gnocchi, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden. Add the tomatoes, olives, lemon zest and basil and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir through the parmesan. Serve, drizzle with a little oil and garnish with extra basil leaves, if desired.
This works best with ready-made gnocchi, which are more robust and suitable for frying than home-made gnocchi.