- 400g (13oz) fusilli
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 courgettes, trimmed and cut into rounds
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250g (8oz) ricotta
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Grated rind 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 50g (1¾oz) freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the packet instructions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil over a moderate heat in a large saucepan and add the garlic and courgettes. Cook until the courgettes are beginning to brown, about 5-6 mins. Stir in the chilli and ricotta and cook, stirring until warmed through.
- Drain the pasta, reserving half a cup of water, and return to the pan. Add the courgette mixture and mix through. If it's a little dry for your taste, add the reserved water. Sprinkle with the herbs and lemon rind. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with parmesan.
Any nice chunky pasta, like penne or macaroni, works with this dish. Don't omit the grated lemon rind as it really adds a delicious burst of flavour.