- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 4tbsp red or white miso paste
- 4 salmon fillets
FOR THE SALAD:
- 200g (6½ oz) mangetouts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small cucumber, halved and seeds removed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Small handful thinly sliced daikon (Japanese radish), if available
- 2tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- Bring the soy sauce, mirin and caster sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the miso paste and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a shallow dish and leave to cool completely.
- Add the salmon fillets and turn to coat. Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a grill to high. Grill the salmon for 5 mins, until golden. Meanwhile, toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl, then season to taste.
- To serve, divide the salad among four plates and top with the salmon.