- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4tbsp runny honey
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp lime juice
- Baby gem lettuce leaves, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Lime, halved, to garnish
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- Cut each breast into 3 long strips and place in a ceramic dish. Combine the chilli, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and lime juice and pour over the chicken. Chill for at least 1 hour (or up to 6 hours).
- Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto each skewer. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on a preheated barbecue or under a preheated grill for about 8 minutes, turning every couple of minutes until cooked.
- Boil the marinade in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
- Serve each chicken skewer with the lettuce, garnished with mint and lime wedges. Serve the sauce on the side.
Make sure you soak the skewers for 20 minutes in water before use.