- 6 large free-range eggs
- 120g (4oz) mascarpone
- 1tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 125g (4oz) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 250g (8oz) spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 190°C (gas mark 5). Whisk together the eggs and mascarpone, then stir in the parsley and three quarters of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and saute the spinach for 5 mins, or until it is wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7-8 mins - the bottom should be firm and the top a little soft.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 5-10 mins, until the top is set and the cheese is golden. Set aside to cool in the pan, before slicing.
Instead of using the oven, you can finish off cooking the frittata under a hot grill.