- 8 lean lamb chops or cutlets
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut into large chucks
- 50g (1¾oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 250g (8oz) cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Roughly chop the herbs, then using a food processor, a pestle and mortar or a wooden spoon and bowl, pound together the chopped herbs, fresh rosemary and garlic. Mix to a paste with olive oil, then brush the mixture over the lamb chops and set aside to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Place the aubergine, courgettes and peppers on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and place the lamb chops on top. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chops and let them rest in a warm place. Meanwhile top the vegetables with the feta cheese and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Return to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes, until the cheese just starts to go brown.
- Serve the chops with the roasted vegetables and a mixed leaf salad.
Vary the number of chops and amount of mixed vegetables to suit how many people you are cooking for. This is also tasty with just courgettes and asparagus.