- Cornmeal or polenta, for sprinkling
- ½ quantity pizza dough (see pizza base recipe)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 250g (8oz) mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 100g (3 ½oz) cherry tomotoes, halved
- Handful rocket leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 7). Lightly oil a metal pizza tray and sprinkle with a little cornmeal. Roll out or stretch the dough to a thickness of 5mm (¼in) and place on the tray.
- Brush the pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic. Top with mozzarella, leaving 2cm (¾in) border around the edge. Scatter the cherry tomatoes over the top and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the dough is golden around the edges and the cheese has melted and is lightly coloured. Then, slide the pizza off the tray onto the oven shelf and cook for a further 5-7 minutes, to crisp the base. Top with the rocket and drizzle with a little olive oil.