- Olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 4 large chicken legs with skins on
- 150g (5oz) chorizo, cut into 5mm (¼in) slices
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 250g (8oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teacup of fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Use a heavy casserole or saucepan that will hold the chicken pieces in a single layer. Drizzle the base of the casserole with a little oil and scatter with the rosemary leaves and garlic cloves. Add the chicken. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Tuck the chorizo around the chicken. Squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, then add the tomatoes and mix well to coat the chicken and tomatoes with the oil. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and the tomatoes have softened.
- Scatter the basil leaves before serving. Serve the chicken with tomatoes and pan juice.
Make sure you cook the chicken until it's golden and the meat is almost falling off the bones. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious tomato juice.