- 8 large sausages
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1kg (2lb) winter squash, such as butternut, deseeded and cut into wedges about 2.5cm (1in) thick
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- Heat the over to 200˚C (gas mark 6). Put the sausages, peppers, red onions and squash in a large roasting tin. Scatter over the leaves of the rosemary sprigs, along with a generous pinch of salt. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir the sausages and vegetables until coated.
- Roast for about 40 mins until the sausages are cooked through, and the vegetables are tender and browned.
Taken from The Contented Cook by Xanthe Clay (Kyle Books, £19.99)
The sticky, savoury juices at the bottom of the pan are particularly good, so scrape the dish well as you spoon out. Serve with mashed potatoes or chunks of good bread.