- 2 racks of lamb (each with 8 chops)
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 stems asparagus
- 200g (7½oz) hummus
- Heat the oven to 140°C (gas mark 1).
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Season the racks, add to the pan, skin-side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and place in a roasting tin.
- Place the asparagus in a large roasting tin and brush with oil.
- Put the lamb and the asparagus in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes. By now the lamb should be medium (cover the bones with foil if they are browning too quickly) and the asparagus roasted. You can cook the asparagus for a little longer, if needed, while the lamb rests.
- Let the lamb rest in a warm place for 5 minutes, then slice the racks in half and serve with the hummus and asparagus.
Serve the lamb with a herb crust. Blend 100g (3½oz) torn, stale bread, 2tbsp chopped, flat-leaf parsley, 1tsp thyme leaves, 1 chopped clove and the grated rind of half a lemon in a food processor. After searing the lamb, brush the skin with Dijon mustard then press the crumb mixture onto the mustard. Season well and roast as above.