- 3 corn cobs
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- Olive oil
- 30g (1oz) butter
- ½ lemon
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the corn cobs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan and add the courgettes. Cook, turning occasionally, until coloured and tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain the corn cobs and brush each with a little oil. Add to the hot griddle pan and cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes or until coloured and tender.
- Stand each cob upright on a chopping board and, using a sharp knife, slice downwards, cutting the kernels from the cob. Combine the courgette and corn kernels.
- Heat the griddle pan again and melt the butter in it. When it's bubbling, squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the butter and mix well. Pour the butter and lemon mixture over the corn and courgette and scatter over the basil. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This makes a great side dish for grilled meat or fish. Chilli also goes very well with corn - try adding a little chopped red chilli to the mixture.