- 350g (11oz) peeled, uncooked prawns, deveined
- 250g (8oz) white fish fillets
- Pinch of ground ginger
- ¼tsp white pepper
- 4tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- Place the prawns, fish, ginger, pepper, coriander and chilli in a food processor and pulse until combined; it should form a chunky (not smooth) paste. Season with salt. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Using damp hands, mould a small handful of the mixture around the skewers - it should form an oval sausage shape about 5cm (2in) long. Chill until needed.
- Brush each sausage with a little oil. Cook on a preheated barbecue or under a preheated grill for about 3 minutes, turning every minute until cooked. Serve garnished with lime wedges.
If making ahead, these can be stored uncooked in the fridge for up to 4 hours.