- 2 organic carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- ¼ small cabbage, finely shredded
- Handful bean sprouts
- 2tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 100ml (3½fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick tuna steaks
- Place the grated carrot, the cabbage and the sprouts in a large bowl. Toast the sesame seeds in a small non-stick saucepan over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add to the vegetables.
- Make a dressing by combining the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and tahini in a small screw top jar. Shake well to combine, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Season the tuna well with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the tuna and cook for about 1½ minutes each side, turning once. Be careful not to overcook the tuna - it is best slightly rare in the centre. To test, cut into one of the steaks with the point of a knife and check the colour of the centre.
- To serve, shake the dressing and pour over the carrot salad. Serve the tuna accompanied by the salad.