- 2 snapper fillets (with skin)
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- Pea shoots, to serve
- A mixture of steamed green vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, Chinese broccoli or asparagus
- Lime wedges, to serve
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 2tsp caster sugar
- Make the dressing by whisking the orange juice, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the snapper, skin-side down, and cook for 2-3 mins (pressing them down with a fish slice so they cook evenly). Turn and cook them for 1-2 mins on the other side, then remove them from the pan.
- Pile a serving platter or individual plates with a handful of pea shoots and top with the fish fillets. Pour over a little of the dressing, serving the rest on the side. Season with black pepper, then serve with steamed vegetables and lime wedges.
The dressing can be made up to 30 minutes ahead.