- 200g (6½oz) spaghetti
- 2 medium-sized courgettes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ long red chilli, sliced
- Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the timing instructions on the packet, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, slice the courgettes lengthways, using a vegetable peeler, or cut them into thin strips. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgettes, garlic and chilli. Stir over the heat for about 3 minutes, until soft. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pan. Add the courgette and Parmesan. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and extra grated Parmesan, if desired.
For an even quicker version of this recipe, grate the courgettes with a coarse grater. As a variation, add chopped parsley or rocket. You can also add some sliced prosciutto.