- 2tsp dijon mustard
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tsp flaked sea salt
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 1cm (½in) cubes
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeds removed and cut into 1cm (½in) cubes
- 10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the mustard, chilli flakes, garlic and sea salt and spread over the steaks. Leave to chill for 30 minutes.
- Make the salsa by combining the avocado, chilli, cucumber, mint leaves, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Heat a barbecue grill or heavy ribbed grill pan until hot and cook the steaks for about 3 minutes each side, turning once. Serve with salsa.
Cook for about 3 minutes each side for a medium-done steak; 1½-2 minutes each side for rare and about 4 minutes each side for well done