- Zest ½ lemon
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 350g (11oz) beef rump steak
- 400g (13oz) red-skinned baking potatoes, skin on
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200˚C (gas mark 6). Place the lemon zest, paprika, chilli and oregano with a good pinch of sea salt in a dish and mix together. Press the steak into the mixture and rub into both sides until completely covered.
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm (½in) skinny chips and place in a shallow roasting tray. Pour over the oil and toss the chips to coat well with oil. Roast for 15 mins, then add the rosemary and cook for 10 mins more until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the steak on a ribbed grill pan - for 3 mins on each side for a medium rare steak (or longer, according to taste). Leave the meat to rest for 5 mins before cutting into 2cm (¾in) slices. Serve with the fries.
Rocket and watercress is the ideal side salad for this.