- 2 large, long red peppers
- 200g (6½oz) cherry tomatoes
- 125g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 1-2tsp olive oil
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3-4tsp fresh breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, to serve
- Extra basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Halve the peppers lengthways and remove the seeds and pitch. Halve the tomatoes and put in a bowl with the feta, garlic, basil, oil and vinegar. Mix together gently. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the mixture in equal portions in each of the pepper halves and then sprinkly the breadcrumbs on top.
- Place in a baking tin and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers have softened and the tops are golden. Drizzle with oil, if desired, garnish with a few basil leaves and serve with a green salad.
If you like anchovies, adding a couple of chopped ones to the filling gives an extra kick.