- 4 medium-sized squid, cleaned
- 100g (3½oz) breadcrumbs, freshly made from stale bread
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp basil, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
- 2tbsp grated Parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200g (6½oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dry the squid and roughly chop the tentacles. For the stuffing place the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, chilli, anchovies, lemon zest, Parmesan, tentacles and 3-4tbsp olive oil in a food processor and pulse until combined. Season well.
- Stuff the squid and close the ends with toothpicks. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the oven to 200˚C (gas mark 6). Heat a heavy griddle pan over a high heat. Place the squid in the pan and cook for 2-3 mins, turning once. Add the tomatoes to the pan, transfer to the oven and cook for 7-10 mins.
Squid is usually sold cleaned; if not, your fishmonger can clean it for you - keep the tentacles.