- 2 x 400g tins chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Drain the tomatoes in a large fine sieve over a mixing bowl for about 10 minutes. Discard the liquid.
- Transfer the tomato pulp, garlic and olive oil in a large saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring frequently, for 20-30 minutes, or until reduced and thick. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze any leftover.