This lovely lemon chicken recipe uses lemon thyme and curry
combined for a simple, delicious dish. Full of fresh flavours and
served on spinach or lettuce leaves, it's perfect for warm evenings
and busy weeknights.
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- 6 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1tbsp apricot jam
- 1 lime or lemon (for the dressing)
- 3tbsp plain yoghurt
- 225ml (7fl oz) mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Mixed baby spinach leaves or little gem lettuces, to serve
- 100g (3½oz) toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Heat the oven to 210°C (gas mark 6-7). Place the thyme in a
roasting tin. Add the chicken breasts and poke the lemon quarters
in between. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast
for 20-25 mins or until the breasts are cooked and golden and the
lemons softened. Set aside while making the sauce.
- Combine the curry powder, apricot jam, a squeeze of lime or
lemon juice and the yoghurt. Mix until you have a smooth texture
and consistent colour. Fold in the mayonnaise and the spring
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and place in a
bowl. Pour over any pan juices and season to taste.
- To serve, lightly dress the leaves with a little olive oil and
lemon juice and arrange on a plate. Top with the chicken and
almonds, and accompany with the sauce.