At its finest, Italian cooking relies on great ingredients
cooked simply. This elegant, every day pasta dish is a perfect
example. Use the best ingredients you can find and you'll have this
creamy lemon linguine on the table in just 25 minutes.
- 450ml (14fl oz) double cream
- Zest of 2 lemons, finely sliced or removed from the lemon using a zester
- 1tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 450g (14oz) linguine
- 75g (2 1/2oz) freshly grated pecorino romano or parmesan
- Pour the cream into a large saucepan, and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat a little and simmer until reduced by about one third. Add the lemon zest and rosemary, and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Keep warm over a low heat.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the linguine, stir well and boil rapidly for around 8-10 minutes or until al dente (refer to packet instructions for timings). Drain thoroughly before returning to the saucepan.
- Pour the hot cream sauce over the pasta, then season with salt and freshly grated black pepper. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and toss until well combined. Serve immediately with extra cheese.