- 500g fillet steak (about 2cm thick)
- 2 small gem lettuce
- 220g frozen peas
- 40g snow pea sprouts
- 1tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp low fat plain natural yoghurt
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp chopped chives
- Separate the leaves of the lettuce and place in a large bowl with the snow pea shoots. Add the peas to the pan of boiling water and boil them for about 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Transfer to the bowl with the salad leaves. Add the mint and drizzle lightly with a little olive oil (about 1-2tsp), mixing gently.
- Meanwhile, add the beef to the pan, and cook for 3 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Let it rest for a minute, then slice thinly.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and top with the warm beef. Make the dressing by adding the lemon juice, yoghurt, olive oil and chives in a screw top jar and shake well to amalgamate. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon a little dressing over the salad. Serve immediately.
Make sure that the steak is trimmed of any fat before cooking. To make ahead of time, have all your ingredients prepared and cooked and then assemble and dress the salad at the last moment.