- 2 bunches baby beetroot, with leaves
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 250g (8oz) English asparagus
- 1kg (2lb) broad beans,shelled
- 400g (13oz) baby courgettes, cut into 1cm (½in) thick slices
- 200g (6½oz) firm English goat's cheese, crumbled
- Bunch of mint, chopped
FOR THE SALAD CREAM
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½tbsp English mustard
- 4-5tbsp single cream
- Trim the beetroot keeping the smallest leaves for the salad, and place the roots in a pan with the vinegar. Cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins.
- Cool, drain and peel. Bring a lightly salted pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 1 min. Add the broad beans and courgettes. Cook for 3 mins, drain and cool.
- For the salad cream, cook the eggs in boiling water for 7 mins. Cool, then shell them. Remove the yolks and mash with the vinegar and mustard. Add the cream until smooth. (You can use a hand-held blender.)
- Season with salt and white pepper. Mix the cheese with the mint vegetables and leaves. Drizzle over the salad cream to serve.