- 500g (1lb) skinless boned chicken thighs
- 2tbsp peanut oil
- 2tsp lemon grass, finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3-4tbsp lime juice
- 3tbsp fish sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Handful mint leaves
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
- Finely chop the chicken. Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil and stir fry the chicken for 5 mins, until just cooked. Add the lemon grass, chillies and shallot, and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, red onion, cucumber, mint and the coriander leaves. Taste, then adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature with lime wedges.
This dish is all about texture and balance of flavours. Add extra or less chilli as needed and taste as you go.