- 8 ripe figs, halved or quartered
- 16 slices Parma ham
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 heads little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- Large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 2tbsp orange juice
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g (1¾oz) hazelnuts, toasted
- Combine the figs, Parma ham, fennel, lettuce, mint and rocket in a large bowl.
- Place the orange juice, oil and mustard into a screw-top jar and shake until combined.
- Coarsely crush the hazelnuts with a rolling pin.
- Place the salad on a large platter and spoon over the dressing. Top with the crushed nuts. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Toast the nuts by tossing them in a frying pan with no oil, over a medium heat, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.