- 6 ripe white peaches
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 50g (1¾oz) baby salad leaves
- 4tbsp extra virgin
- olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g (1¾oz) pine nuts, toasted
- Quarter the peaches and divide them between 4 plates. Top each with 2 slices of Parma ham.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard in a screw-topped jar and shake until combined. Pour enough dressing over the salad leaves to lightly dress them.
- Divide the salad between the plates and scatter over the pine nuts. Add a little more dressing, if needed.
The secret to this dish is the ripeness of the peaches. Look for large white Italian peaches and test their ripeness by squeezing them - they should be slightly soft and also really fragrant.