- About 20 large prawns, peeled and cooked
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 150g (5oz) low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- Toss the prawns in a little oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the fennel, sliced radish, red onion, spring onions, carrots, chilli and asparagus in a large bowl and mix gently.
- Whisk together the yoghurt, mustard and 2tsp lemon juice. Pour the yoghurt dressing over the salad and mix gently. Sprinkle with mint and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve, topped with the prawns.
This simple update on coleslaw is great with chicken, fish or meat.