- 3 pink or ruby grapefruit
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp raspberry or white wine vinegar
- 3 large handfuls rocket, rinsed and diced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into chucks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Peel the grapefruit. Then, using a sharp knife, cut them into segments (or slice, if preferred). Work over a bowl to catch the juice.
- Put the juice, olive oil and vinegar into a screw-top jar and shake well to combine. Season to taste.
- Toss the rocket with enough of the dressing to lightly coat. Arrange the leaves on plates. Then top with the grapefruit sections, avocado and red onion. Spoon the remaining dressing over the top.
This dish is also delicious - and made more substantial - by adding some crumbled feta to the salad.